620 Art Gallery invites Texas Artists to submit for “Compositions in White”, an exhibition based on artistic expression through the color of white.
Show Location: 620 Art Gallery, Round Rock, TX
Call Description: “Compositions in White” is a statewide juried art exhibit, organized by 620 Art Gallery, Round Rock. 620 Art Gallery is a privately owned gallery promoting fine art and creativity in the Round Rock community.
Who’s Eligible: Open to any 16 years or older Texas resident.
Description for Entries: Artwork primarily created with the color white. White may be mixed slightly with other colors to achieve subtle tones, values and variations of warm and cool passages. Other colors may be used in the artwork, but the color white must be dominant, covering over 50% of the surface area.
Any subject matter may be explored, for example, the artwork can be abstract, still life, landscape, portrait, animals, architecture, etc.
The following 2D media are acceptable: Acrylic, oil, gouache, watercolor, fabrics/fibers, printmaking (only original prints), encaustic, mixed Media, digital art, photography, collage, ink, colored pencil, graphite, pastel. Giclee reproductions are not permitted.
Wall pieces must not exceed 36" wide including the frame.
3D art: Small sculptures will be displayed on a pedestal measuring 20”x20”. Although space is limited, freestanding floor pieces will be considered but must not exceed four feet wide.
Entry Fees: $10 per jpeg. entry, (up to three entries per artist)ENTRIES ARE DUE BY April 24, 2021
- May 1, 2021: Selected Artists Announced
- May 8, 2021: Entries are due to gallery (Drop off 12-2pm)
- May 11, 2021: “Compositions in White” Exhibit Opens
- May 14, 2021: Artist Reception & Awards Ceremony
- June 11, 2021: Exhibit Ends
- June 12, 2021: Artwork pick up at 620 Art Gallery (10am-12pm)
How to place submission:
- Choose payment for submitting one, two, or three jpegs for review. (10 dollars per jpeg) and place order.
- After paying, send an email to (email@example.com) with the following:
- Your full name
- Your phone and email
- jpeg photo attachments for each of your paid entries. Name the jpegs as: last name_1_Artwork title.jpeg, last name_2_Artwork title.jpeg) Example: (Smith_1_Low Tide.jpeg, Smith_2_Morning Light.jpeg)
You will then receive a confirmation email which includes a link to a spreadsheet where you will need to enter the information for each corresponding image. Thank you and good luck!